Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing order received email ?

Hi,
    I am new to this software so please excuse if the answer is obvious.
    I am trying to change the text of the order received email to the text below. I go to" Design / Library /Layouts / Order Received email / Edit" then edit the text as below and save .I then put in a dummy order and the email text is still the default text ?

Dear <actinic:variable name="ContactInvoiceName"/>,

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ContactInvoiceCompany%22%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22"><actinic:variable name="ContactInvoiceCompany"/>
    </actinic:block>Thank you for shopping at ALL Bits. We have received the following order. The goods will be dispatched as soon as possible. This is usually the day the order is received if before 3.30 p.m. (excluding Saturday,Sunday and public holidays). If there are any items out of stock or queries regarding the order we will contact you. If you have any queries then please contact us either by e-mail or by phone on :<actinic:variable name="Phone" />

<actinic:variable name="CustomerData"/>
    <actinic:variable name="OrderData"/>
    <actinic:variable name="OrderLines"/>
    <actinic:variable name="OrderTotals"/>
    <actinic:variable name="SSPRateMessage"/>

Sincerely,

...edit the text as below and save. I then put in a dummy order...
    Did you Upload or Refresh the live site before you made the dummy order? You need to do that, so that the back-office changes you did make it to the server.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I did upload the site but have not done a refresh . I will try a refresh later on today and report back. Thanks

Comment

Upload should have been enough. Refresh probably not needed (although worth trying just in case...). Just needed to be sure that you knew that these back-office changes weren't live until an Upload of Refresh was done.

P.S. You can see these email layouts on your server by pasting:

http://<www.mysite.com>/acatalog/Act_customerEmail.txt

into your browsers address bar. Quicker than making a dummy order.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Again, I have done a site refresh email text was not updated.
          I ftped into the site and renamed Act_CustomerEmail.txt, then refreshed the site. A new Act_CustomerEmail.txt file was up loaded but with still the default text ? confused
          Thanks for the tip on how to view the text file .

Geoff

Comment

I have now realized the difference between the order receiver email and the Customer email

sorry and thanks for the help

Geoff

Comment

Working...
            X