Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounts and Product Groups

Hi
    I'm trying to set up multiple product groups (with the same products in each group).

Ideally I want to set up 3 product groups, (with the same products in each group). Then one product group will get 10% discount, the second product group will get 20% discount, third group will get 50% discount. Using coupon codes at the checkout (without logging in).

I have made one product group, ready to give 10% off.

When I try to set up more products groups (with the same products), the problem arises, as the products will not stay in more than one discount list at the same time!

Is this possible? If so, can anyone advise how?

Actinic support say it is possible, and have given me basic instructions. However I cannot get this to work for me.
    They further advise I ask the experts....

Can any expert help?

I'm using Actinic Business Plus V10.0.2 KIIA

Thanks in advance
    Bea
    www.outbackdirect.co.uk
    www.sipuk.co.uk
    www.ryobidirect.co.uk

What instructions did support give you as I don't think you can add a product to more than one product group?

Comment

Only way you will do it is to have multiple copies of the same product and assign each copy to a group. A product can only exist in one group.

Comment

I've tried with duplicates, still products will not stay in more than one list.
        www.outbackdirect.co.uk
        www.sipuk.co.uk
        www.ryobidirect.co.uk

Comment

Noone mentioned anything about duplicates, as they are always linked to the master product, they will not work. Your ONLY options are not to do this or have copies of the products ie standalone products that are products in their own right, just happen to be exact copies of the original.

Comment

Yes, thanks very much for swift replies.

Its as I suspected. Not practical.

Thanks once again
            www.outbackdirect.co.uk
            www.sipuk.co.uk
            www.ryobidirect.co.uk

Comment

Err, it is possible, i've told you how

Comment

It would mean setting up thousands of new products on our systems. I should have said its not practical for us.
                www.outbackdirect.co.uk
                www.sipuk.co.uk
                www.ryobidirect.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X