Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I make the extended information page appear in the main window

Dear Community,

I am migrating from and am just getting to grips with actinic.

I am trying to make the more information window appear within the main box of the web page, so it replaces the products.

I would also like to do this so that I have the breadcrumb trail at the top of the page.

I am starting to build my site up and you can see an example of the pages in the activity section at

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/tri...y_Toys_19.html

I am trying to replicate the layout i have in the site

http://www.adventurebaby.co.uk/fun-t...ugs-606-0.html

so if you click on a product you get the details in the main window

I am sure there must be an easy way to do this

Thanks in advance for any help

Peter

Have a read of the SPP tutorial on my site and do things that way instead. Much easier and better. There is also an option on extended information pages to have them 'open in same window', look in site options at your default settings.

Comment

Leehack,
      Thanks, I have read and Think I understand. I have started to change the products.

I will export the products and then see if I can edit the csv file and reimport, creating the sub section and putting the item into it. Or will that throw and strange things later?

Peter

Comment

Setting them up via an import should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          Have a read of the SPP tutorial on my site and do things that way instead. Much easier and better.
          Lee, is there actually any difference from using your SPP method to using extended information pages that opens in same window with buy button and same page layout?

Comment

There is yes, few of the main ones:
            1. Performance
            2. All Key SEO fields available
            3. Automatic page naming
            4. Ext info pages don't take standard site layout and lack some normal parts like the BC trail

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
              There is yes, few of the main ones:
              1. Performance
              2. All Key SEO fields available
              3. Automatic page naming
              4. Ext info pages don't take standard site layout and lack some normal parts like the BC trail
              Thanks Lee, how do you see the performance differs? and in what way?

The other points are easily built into an extended info page, which we do at the moment anyway.

Just trying to work out if we would benefit in anyway by converting from a fully customised extended info page to spp that's all

Currently running this type of extended info page

http://www.minisport.com/mini-spare-...MSLMS0500.html

Comment

Working...
              X