Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with v10 site checkout (on server owned by Host-It, previously Pinbrook)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with v10 site checkout (on server owned by Host-It, previously Pinbrook)

Hi

I was wondering if I could get some help with a critical issue we have experienced today on our v10 site (www.kjbeckett.com). Can anyone recommend the best course of investigation/next steps?

We have not made any functional changes within Actinic, or changes to the Network Setup for quite some time, however all of a sudden (c. Saturday morning) our site has stopped working in that the user can add products to the cart, however when you click to checkout, the following message appears.

Your shopping cart is empty. Return to the catalog and add an item to your shopping cart before continuing.

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here.
    The issue was intermitant but seems to be now occuring all the time.

Host-It are saying they "believe this to be purely actinic related and not a fault of the server itself" however we have not made any changes for quite some time.

Furthermore when I do a test in Web > Network Setup the following message immediately appears:

You do not have write permissions to the cgi-bin directory "/kjbeckett.com/cgi-bin/" or it does not exist.
    This feels like a server issue to me but Host-It are saying it is Actinic based. They are stating it is due to a partial upload ("In our opinion the site has only partially uploaded some of the actinic scripts which is why this problem has occurred") however we can't see how this would be be given we have made no changes and the error message seems to indicate a problem with write permissions.

Can anyone recommend the best course of investigation/next steps?

Paul

Update:

This SEEMS to have been resolved. The problem was diskspace on the server.

Host-It deleted a couple of redundant back-ups of the acatalog folder that were in the www.kjbeckett.com folder. These were taking up loads of space and with new products being added... I think the server had filled up.

This seems to have sorted both the checkout issue (it now retains the product information and allows the user to checkout) and also sorted the upload/network test (the test now completes).

Paul

Comment

Working...
    X