Premature end of script headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premature end of script headers

Got an issue with the perl script headers ending prematurely when adding multiple (more than about 40) products to the shopping cart at once.

Has anyone ever found a way to stop this happening... I believe its a problem with the server rather than an actinic issue but im sure it could be solved in a perl patch.

im sure it could be solved in a perl patch
    I'm sure it could be solved only with several man years of Perl rewriting.

A quicker fix would be to ask your server people to increase the memory allocated and execution time allowed for Perl scripts.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Norman

I think im going to have to go through the perl script and try and strip out the stuff not required.

The server timeout is set to 10s which seems reasonable... trouble is, some customers are trying to add 300 odd products in the cart and its tripping things over!

Comment

Please do not try and correct this by stripping perl scripts, can open worms everywhere.

Please do change to a decent host which enable your site to run smoothly.

Comment

I think you may need to think laterally about this. Consider creating a product that contains products that are a common selection of ordered products. Also consider of course splitting the sections up with fewer products. Basically any way to reduce the actual number of products added at once.

Comment

There's about 80,000 lines of Perl. Plus all the .CAT files that are actually Perl data structures, one per Section, created by Catalog.exe which you have no way of tweaking. Futile to even try changing how this works.

Instead, try increasing memory allocated to Perl on the server.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Joint Products

Agree that perl script mods were not the best idea! just a thought really!

Unfortunately, even if I try splitting the products, the error still happens further down the line.

I think im going to end up splitting the ordering page off to another host but keeping the rest of the site where it is... the site uses a very high bandwidth because of number of users and facilities so moving the whole thing would be very expensive.

Thanks all for the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
                Instead, try increasing memory allocated to Perl on the server.
                As Norman said. Saves moving host!
                Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
                X