Snapshot / Closure issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshot / Closure issues

This lap top had the HD reformatted a couple of weeks ago.

I had an up to date snap shot of the site on a USB stick, downloaded software etc and imported it all with out a hitch.

However I have a couple of issues now that maybe somebody could explain.

If I select "snapshot" on exiting or from the menu, I can only send / save it to C:\Program Files\Actinic v10\SiteBackups\Site1_date - I cannot browse and save to USB nor even to desktop.
    I like the idea of having the snapshot on a removable media.

Second issue is that this Laptop is 5 years old and started with V6 the V8 and for the last 12 months V10 - I was aware before the reformat that the V8 folders were used, or I think some of the site still sat within there?..Anyway if I close Actinic, but just select "Database back-up" I get the error shown in the picture, clearly Actinic is looking for the V8 folders (?) which are no longer present.... How do I fix this please!

Obliged.
    Attached Files
    www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Look in Housekeeping | Backup | Shutdown Backup Options and check the Backups Folder path.

Comment

Thank you - any thoughts on when I am unable to save the snapshot to USB stick or anywhere other than where Actinic wants it to go?

I click "browse" - the screen with the options pops up, but I click away in the usual fashion and nothing responds.

Saving snapshots to, and importing them from

C:\Program Files\Actinic v10\SiteBackups\Site1

works perfectly.

Comment

Actinic does not like saving to a temporary drive, if you want it on there, first save to a normal drive and then copy it over, also that way gives you 2 copies so a bit more backup.

Comment

Cheers Lee, it is just for me "a way of life " I guess, get really used to a routine and altering that routine is difficult.

I just remember a designer banging on about snapshots and how important they are ..... ( and how right he was!)....when there is a copy on the USB, it just feels safer...

Comment

Agreed, make sure there is one off site once a month or so too, just in case of fire or theft. Don't have all backups in same place or on same PC, store one at a friends and cover all bases.

Take a look at 'dropbox' an awesome utility for this sort of thing. Syncs a copy onto any PC you setup dropbox on and also available online through your dropbox account. It's free with 2GB of storage and that quota can grow if you recommend others or if for example i recommend you and you take up the offer. The best utility i've come across for 5 years. I save one file into one folder on any of my PCs/laptops, that file is then synced online and to all other machines, all automatically - simply stunning.

Comment

I have to agree with Lee on Dropbox, it is amazing what people are willing to give away for free. If you have an iPhone there is a Dropbox app that allows you to access files on there too. Also you can access your files by simply visiting the Dropbox website if you are on a different computer.
              Unusual Silver Jewellery
              Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
              Crystal Healing Jewellery
              Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Working...
              X