Special Product List??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Product List??

I have section pages with mutiple products on in a tight lined format. I can't use the standard related products functionality because it will only work in the product layout and would interfer with the format of the products.

I want to therefore make my own related products on each section page that can be manually set up. I have created variables at section level that will contain product IDs. At the bottom of the section layout I want to add information about the products that were referenced.

I need to 'transform' the product ID set in the variable into a link as well as be able to use that referenced product's image.

I'm trying to use a product list and then some php to test the products in the list for the product that has a product ID match an then use the relevant information for it.

I can't seem to get my brain in gear today - can anyone suggest a method of achieving this?

Have a double product list on the section, duplicate the products into the section, set a flag against them, use that flag to exclude from your normal product list, and use the flag to add the products into the list, so separated for you in effect. I do a similar thing on a page where I have a marketing list top and bottom in a section and then the normal product list in the middle, so 3 product lists in effect on the page, each with set rules as to what it should show.

Comment

I can't use the standard related products functionality because it will only work in the product layout
      You can do several things that may fix this.

1) Use the Related Products List inside your concise product layouts but put them within a DIV that displays elsewhere on the page.

2) Use PHP to declare and set to empty a variable at the top of your concise products. More PHP in each product layout to add the HTML of the related product to said variable. Echo variable out at bottom of page after all concise products.

Also, Lee's suggestion sounds workable. Remove the related products list from the concise layout. Then, at the bottom of your Product List, put:

Code:
      <actinic:block type="ProductList">
      	<actinic:block type="RelatedProductsList">
      		<actinic:variable name="ProductRelatedProductsItem" />
      	</actinic:block>
      Which will display all related products from all products on the page in one place.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post

Also, Lee's suggestion sounds workable. Remove the related products list from the concise layout. Then, at the bottom of your Product List, put:

Code:
        <actinic:block type="ProductList">
        	<actinic:block type="RelatedProductsList">
        		<actinic:variable name="ProductRelatedProductsItem" />
        Which will display all related products from all products on the page in one place.
        I like that idea.

At the moment I have got round this by using some local php with functions to directly query the database and return the product image and product short description based on the product reference.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X