Google analytics linking to Adwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google analytics linking to Adwords

I have enabled Google analytics on my v10.0.4 site and it is recording data ok.

I have set the 'goal' as the receipt.html page as described in the Actinic help files. This is also working ok with 'goals' being recorded and their value.

So thats all fine.

I have linked my analytics account to my adwords account.. they are linked properly with the amount spent on adwords appearing correctly in the analytics account.

The problem however is that conversions from adwords are not being recorded.

This used to work before I had enabled analytics as I had the conversion code supplied with adwords on my receipt page.
    I removed the old 'conversion code' as I have the google analytics code on the receipt page now... and receipt.html is set up as an analytiics 'goal'
    I believe from reading analytics help that thats all I need.. but it isnt working.
    I could put the old conversion code back on the receipt page I suppose, but I'd rather see my adwords data in analytics... not just in adwords.

Has anyone set this up and got it working... if so how?

Cheers
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Hi,

Is your website www.arka-shop.co.uk?
    I've noticed- simply because I've only just found out mine is the same, your using the older version of the analytics code- as am I, and this may be a reason as to why all of your conversions/goals aren't being recorded properly throughout your site.
    Not all my goals/purchases are being recorded properly either and I don't know why, I'm no expert at all but it's a suggestion.

Hope that helps
    Heidi
    Engraved Gifts
    www.engravemeagift.co.uk

Comment

Hi Heidi,

It seems there is quite a large time 'lag' before the link started collecting the data.. I'm still on the 'old' code but its all working ok now... It took a while for google to collate all the data, but now my adwords conversions are being recorded in analytics as they should..

(not all of them however..as the problem of some customers not returning to the receipt page still exists.. meaning not all my conversions are recorded.. its a pain, but there doersnt seem to be a way around it at the moment.)
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Hello again feemish,

I think I'm collecting all my order/goals/conversions as I should now. I was just wondering if you've managed to figure out how to record conversion values as in how much a customers order value is. Ive just tried it but no doubt it will take 24hours for the value to be recorded.

The link is:

http://adwords.google.com/support/aw...&answer=115794

* Find 'get code snippet' and then scroll down to 'see how to add dynamic value'
        Engraved Gifts
        www.engravemeagift.co.uk

Comment

Hi Heidi,

I dont remember doing that.. adding code snippets..

I just followed the instructions in Actinic 'help'
          go to 'help' within actinic and search 'google analytics' a page comes with instructions for setting up a 'goal' and recording the goal value.. I just did that.
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
          X