X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating a .php page?

Hi everyone,

I want to create a page that is .php
    can anyone tell me if this is possible with actinic and if so how do i do it?

I would really appreciate some help with this,
    I look forward to your replies,
    Kind wishes from Michelle

You can manually change your page name to end .php instead of .html, click the tooltip on the page name field of a section for details.

Comment

Just be careful as some web hosting companies will not let you render PHP pages in folders set to 777 for security reasons. I would suggest doing one first and testing it.

Also .PHP pages will not render in the Actinic internal page preview when you are clicked on a product within the content section - which is a bloody nuiscance more than anything.
      Regards
      David

Comment

Thankyou for your replies, i have changed the page file name from .html to .php and uploaded the site but when i click on the link for the page i get the error - the website cannot display the webpage.
        Can you tell me if just changing the .html to .php is enough, also i have asked my hosting company if they support php and they said yes.
        I hope you can help me again.

Michelle

Comment

Perhaps your PHP is wrong. Start with something very simple first.

Unless you post an URL or sample code that's probably all the advice we can give.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X