Extra Mandatory condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra Mandatory condition

In order to use certain reference content on our site we need to add some 'Terms of use'. The user will need to read these Terms of use and then check a box to accept the terms before proceeding into the section.

This only applies to one particular section on the store so we only want the terms added at that level.

Has anyone tackled this before and if so are there any useful threads or guidance to refer to?

Futher thoughts

I'm thinking to do this by adding an additional (Brochure?) page above the section in the hierarchy with the Terms of Use and then an 'Accept' button to advance

Comment

Top level section
      -- fragment with the details
      ---- section link to the info

Comment

Wouldn't people still be able to access the page without excepting the terms if they went straight tothe URL?
        Maybe you could look at hiding the content on the page then revealing it when they click on the terms box.
        Unusual Silver Jewellery
        Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
        Crystal Healing Jewellery
        Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

I'd have the accept button as the section link, so to get to the page they must have clicked the accept button. If concerned about direct access i'd make the page an orphan with no link off any other page to it, also exclude from the sitemap and maybe even google if that much of an issue.

Comment

You could force users to have an account to be able to purchase what's on the page. You could also limit the content of the page using NOTINB2B.

Why do you want to restrict access to the page rather than the content on the page or the ability to purchase?

Comment

All done

Hi, thanks to all for the advice. I used Lee's suggestion of Sectionlinks and created an image that looks like a button for users to accept the terms and conditions.
              There are many ways that they can get past this through Search or section links directly into the Sub sections - but this is more about satisfying the supplier we've implemented something adequate.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X