Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

format for updating stock lists

Good Morning Old wise ones and also young ones

Without very large range of products, we are unable to hold stocks of some items but can get them on a next day service from our suppliers.

WE do not use stock control features on the sites, but recognise that this will be absolutely necessary in the coming months

I guess we will need a simple way of uploading a stock list from our suppliers daily into the system along with re-stock dates for out of stock items

Simple question is there a standard format like .CSV that they can send to us and we can just import it easily each day
    Chris Ashdown

Not too sure about importing the restock date but the amount should be straight forward. All you need is a CSV with productreference as the first column and stockinhand as the second - this is where your stock figure goes.

In Actinic go to File / Import then select your flat file and make sure update is checked and that should be it.

You could set a UDV for the restock date but then you have have to use the flatfile converter to convert your file to a heirarcheal format.
    Unusual Silver Jewellery
    Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
    Crystal Healing Jewellery
    Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Thanks andy, solves the problem of stock but anyone any idea about date for new stock arriving and how to display
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Create a custom variable to hold the information (date) and then set that to display in place of the out of stock message in the layout.

Comment

We use a similar method displaying a custom variable which displays a date if entered and the item is out of stock. As in the page below.

http://www.tridentuk.com/sailing/pro...GU_ST0021.html

The question I have, is there a way to not show the date with a blockif if the date has past? Not normally an issue, but looks a bit silly we show a date in the past.

Thanks for any suggestions.
          Jethro

TridentUK.com, the yacht and dinghy shop on the web

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
            The question I have, is there a way to not show the date with a blockif if the date has past? Not normally an issue, but looks a bit silly we show a date in the past.
            You'd need to use Javascript to achieve this rather than a blockif. The Javascript will run on the server when the page is served. I'm not skilled in Javascript but it wont be too difficult to achieve.
            Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
            SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
            Based in rural Northants

Comment

Working...
            X