inserting fragment problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inserting fragment problem

I am trying to insert fragments from the database but can't find the correct field for specifiying that I only want the image?

The fragment title keeps appearing under the fragment which is annoying.

Anyone know what column this is in the csv file?

Read this 3 times and still don't understand what you're trying to do. Explaining in more detail may help other bemused readers.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Here goes...

If i want to import a fragment I go to the relevant product in the content tree, right click and select 'insert fragment'.

I then fill in the details within 'Fragment Details'

ie under General Within Fragment Details

I specify Fragment Title

Then I select the image url i want to use.

Then I go to layout (again within fragment details) and select 'image only'.

I only want the image to appear.(Not the fragment title aswell).

I then carry out an export so I can then copy and paste the row into my excel database so I can add lots of these fragments quickly by copying and pasting.

When I import my csv file back into actinic however the fragment is displayed fine but the 'fragment title' is also displayed.

Is there a field within my csv / excel file which specified that I only want the fragment image to appear?

Comment

but the 'fragment title' is also displayed
        If you mean in the Content Tree, then that's fine as Fragments are expected to have a title (so you can tell one from another).

You don't have to display it on the generated page. Which is what will happen if you use the Image Only layout.

Comment

im not bothered about the fragment title being displayed in the content tree,
          i just didn't want to have to manually go through every fragment specifying 'image only' everytime I upload my csv.

i know you don't have to display the fragment title on the page but how can i do this from within the csv? and not have to go into fragment details manually every time?

Comment

FragmentLayout is one of the fields in the import. Use it to define the layout you want. Surprised you didn't notice it in the list of header fields.

Comment

You can also set the default Fragment Layout via Settings / Site Options.

Comment

Working...
              X