Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access database help !

Hi there,

I currently use Excel and have a database connection in it to link certain fields of data from actinic i.e. Product Reference,Short description,nCostPrice,Price,nStockOnHand.

I also have some colums that I have input directly to excel (i.e. not in actinic database) such as USD price,COST GBP (which has formula in cell of USD / exchange rate and multiplied by amount to get landing cost price),RETAIL SELL (which has an "IF" formula in the cells to mark up certain value by a certain price,RETAIL ROUND UP ( a formula to round up to .49 or .99). I may want to add other columns ie wholesale price (again with a formula to markup from my cost.

However all my data missaligns when I do a refesh of the data connection or if a new product has been added into actinic.

I have filters on all the actinic and non actinic columns and want to able to sort in several ways i.e. from stock high to low, usd price etc etc. I also use conditional formatting sometimes so I can show/hide my master products.

I have about 300 items and many items in Actinic have 1 or 2 options.

What I want is to get all the information from actinic into excel so that i can use it to see how my stocks are, to input costs prices in USD so that it will calculate my sell rates in GBP.

Can my choosen fields be added into the access database ?

I dont mind paying for this to be done but want a workable solution.

Any advice please help !

Many thanks

Bradley Jones

Anyone able to help or point me in the right direction ?

Bradley Jones

http://www.baseballandsoftball.co.uk

Comment

Bradley,
      When you say you have a "database connection in it" is the "it" referring to Excel?
      i.e. in Excel you have created the database connection?

You should try it the other way around.
      Actinic allows you to create "external links" to other data sources e.g. Excel spreadsheets and it allows you to Map relevant columns to fields.
      This would mean that you would not "lose" the ordering when data was updated.

I would recommend experimenting with the reverse linking first as the only other alternative I can think of is to implement some costly custom Excel macros to manage the linking and updating for you.

Hope this helps.
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
      X