Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-Virus Protection

Hi All,

My subscription to Norton 360 is about to expire.

Whilst the software itself is fine, I am sure it has been causing problems for me with the operation of V10.xx, slowing Actinic etc.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Can anyone recommend alternative software and its effect on the operation of Actinic?

Thanks in anticipation
    Steve Jordan
    -----------------------------
    Error 404 - Page not found

Sellerdeck V11.03 - Business - Actinic Payments -
    Sage Accounts 50 V16 2012 Sellerdeck Link

Acacia Masonic Regalia Masonic Regalia Masonic Forum

I use AVG. It has never interfered with actinic... and the free version is all you really need if you are an experienced internet user. Some people have negative things to say about AVG.. but I've been very happy with it. Google AVG free for info and download.
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

We did have real problems with AVG until we found how to exclude Actinic from the resident shield scanning. Once we did that it has been good.

Nigel
      Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

I use Norton Internet Security (currently V17.8.0.5) on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with a large number of V8, 9 and 10 sites and have no problems at all. And have a local Apache / Perl / FTP server running on the same system too.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I used Kaspersky for a couple of years but found it quite resource hungry.

I now use Comodo Internet security with their 100% virus free guarantee.

Comment

I have moved over to kaspersky due issues with eset I use the management module to control all the pc's on the network. I can see whats happening and force system scans and updates as and when required. It also emails me a report each day

Gets my thumbs up

Comment

+1 for kaspersky.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

We used to use AVG and as Nigel said we had to have exceptions in place for the resident shield. We had some non Actinic related problems with AVG and had to move away.

We switched Kaspersky and this seemed to work smoothly with Actinic but really slowed our start up times right down. It maybe be worth noting that it did add an automatic exclusion for Actinic.

We moved over to ESET NOD32 which has seen vastly improved start up times and performance but really did a number on Actinic, forcing it to crash while it was uploading. We added manual exclusions for the the program and related Actinic folders and it now works a treat.
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DaveSMR View Post

We moved over to ESET NOD32 which has seen vastly improved start up times and performance but really did a number on Actinic, forcing it to crash while it was uploading. We added manual exclusions for the the program and related Actinic folders and it now works a treat.
                  drove me mad with adding exclusions and crashing actinic, became very painfull on win7 64bit system when the license expired i outed it

Comment

All the PC's on our network run Win 7 64bit. Not had a chance to compare 32bit to see if it is an less problematic with pre-installed content.

We created a master exclusion list for pre-installed programs and never had any trouble with newly added items. Can appreciate that the original need to build an exclusion list is a pain but it just performs too well to be ignored, will be switching at home when Kaspersky expires.

I suppose with things like these it's all down to what floats your boat
                    Dave

Comment

I used Kaspersky for as long time until I moved to Win7 but had compatibility problems with Win7 at that time.

I changed to AVG (Free AV only) and use the standard Win7 firewall with no problems.

Comment

We've been using AVG free version for four years now without any problems. Haven't knowingly needed to set anything regarding Actinic.
                        Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

Working...
                        X