Create word or pdf brochure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create word or pdf brochure

This has been mentioned several times over the years but is there really any software/website that would create a brochure of an Actinic website, rather than "Mr Customer" having to print out every web page to read what I sell?

I've tried Activestock.co.uk but I don't reckon they are in business now??

Thanks

There was a post on this very recently, search through Chris Ashdown's posts, sure it was him who asked.

Comment

Tried this a couple of years ago, cant remember where I found it but was not very successful, lots of changes to make it look presentable.
      https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by kev67 View Post
        This has been mentioned several times over the years but is there really any software/website that would create a brochure of an Actinic website, rather than "Mr Customer" having to print out every web page to read what I sell?

I've tried Activestock.co.uk but I don't reckon they are in business now??

Thanks
        Well the web site is still running and they have a demo version of the ir software that you can download.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

I haven't a clue how to go about it, but Jont (forum member) once mentioned that this could be done using a print.css stylesheet?
          Paul
          Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

I've tried the software and its a little raw. Also, you can't select variables to show/hide.

So I made one for my client:
            • I imported my clients Google Mash XML file into my cllients MySQL database.
            • Then built this page: http://www.nielsencdg.co.uk/brochure.php to display all products
            • Finally printed the page as PDF (using a PDF printer driver)

That worked nicely.!

I can select each variable to show/hide and if I need more variables, I just ensure they're in the XML file.

However there are 2 problems...
            1. sectioning the products is a pain... I've created a new custom variable and asked the client to insert a category for each product then I can group by category when building the PHP page.
            2. Page break (for printing) is also an issue as some pages can print a product title on the bottom of a page, then print the product image on the top of the next page... this can only be resolved by designing the page layout to be pixel perfect. I can add the HTML command for a page break, but because each product is a repeat region, we can't tell it to insert a page break after every 9 products.

Comment

Working...
            X