email cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email cart

has any1 had any luck in adding an email cart to friend (or email as quote) button into the shopping cart page.

Cheers

Emailing the cart doesn't sound that technically difficult. The question really has to be what you expect people to be able to do once they've received it?

If you want it as a quote then the best thing is probably to ask them to complete the checkout and pay using something like the Send Invoice method (call it 'send quote' or similar). That way the quote is on the system and you have a way of following up.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
      Emailing the cart doesn't sound that technically difficult. The question really has to be what you expect people to be able to do once they've received it?

If you want it as a quote then the best thing is probably to ask them to complete the checkout and pay using something like the Send Invoice method (call it 'send quote' or similar). That way the quote is on the system and you have a way of following up.

Mike
      Thanks Mike, this would be ok BUT, I need the cart content to be in the email BEFORE the order is submitted as I need to forward the cart content to finance for a Purchase Order number (email should contain the complete cart items with total) so finance dept could ok the spending - i would then complete the order with the dedicated PO nr.

Need possibly a php script ...

any ideas ?

thx

Comment

Here's one that avoids tinkering with a tricky area of Actinic.

Install a PDF Printer driver on the systems that will be doing the ordering. A good Open Source one is PDFCreator from http://www.pdfforge.org/ (you can donate to them if you find it useful).

This lets you use the usual Print dialogue to select the PDFCreator printer which has an option to send the printed output to a PDF file that's automatically attached to an outgoing email. Fill in the destination address and hit "Send".

Put the instructions on how to do this in big bold letters on the appropriate Checkout page to help new users.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
          Here's one that avoids tinkering with a tricky area of Actinic.

Install a PDF Printer driver on the systems that will be doing the ordering. A good Open Source one is PDFCreator from http://www.pdfforge.org/ (you can donate to them if you find it useful).

This lets you use the usual Print dialogue to select the PDFCreator printer which has an option to send the printed output to a PDF file that's automatically attached to an outgoing email. Fill in the destination address and hit "Send".

Put the instructions on how to do this in big bold letters on the appropriate Checkout page to help new users.
          Thx for the suggestion Norman
          Sadly this is not what we are looking for (neither we r looking for a free solution) - it needs to be as simple as possible for the end-user.

we need a simple "button" for customer to click and possibly a php script that would gather the cart data and email it to a pre-defined email.
          We have implemented on the site the sidecart that all-ready captures the Cart data - need some1 with good skills to make it work - sadly my knolegde isnt enough.

Comment

I've been trying to do this on and off for a few days now.

My strategy is to surround the cart items in elements and loop over them, then post this data to some php, as timo said.

...sadly, i'm failing at Actinic templates because i've simply *forgotten* how it all works.

I was using this page as a starting point:
            http://www.stinkyinkshop.co.uk/blog/...ytics-revenue/

since it seems to be doing what I need (apart from the last stage which is to send an email rather than to shoot the info off to analytics).

Can a anyone chime in and help Timo? I fear i have less Actinic MoJo than I used to have.

Comment

furthermore, the blog is broken a bit and the helpful info is lost :/

Comment

Thx Gabriel

Norman has taken on the challenge to make the mods needed.

Cheers
                Timo

Comment

I got it working for Timo. As Gabriel suggested (great minds, eh) it was based on putting classnames or id's around bits of the Cart, picking them up via JavaScript and posting them into an email client. Eight layouts needed amended!
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                  X