IE 9 Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE 9 Compatibility

Has anybody else noticed layout issues with IE10? I've just been doing some work on a site and I've noticed that "View Cart", "Checkout", "Items", "Value", & "Login" have dropped slightly. "Login" is affected the most.

Anybody else seen this or has it been flagged as an issue?

At present personally I wouldnt be too bothered as IE10 is still in the development stage so the rendering may not yet be up to scratch. Worth keeping an eye on it though.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Ooops. My bad, it's IE 9. Sorry.

Comment

Standard theme or custom built site? are we guessing at the difference or you going to share and show us too? maybe even some screenshots to really help us out? There are lots of browser differences, I currently check my designs against 8 of the blighters. IE9 came out well after V10 (and therefore all other versions too) as I understand, so the standard themes were not checked against that as it didn't exist when they were created. If it's a custom design or an altered theme, then that is zilch to do with actinic.

Comment

Got around it by flicking over to compatibility mode. I'm using the Prime template.

Comment

Good idea, you could put a message on the site asking users to switch to compatibility mode if they get problems, much less hassle for you then.

Comment

I have now noticed rendering differences between FF/IE8 and IE9.
              I have an entire set of menu buttons that have a different margin between them when seen in IE8, IE9 or Firefox which I think is partly browser differences and a little bit of a layout/CSS bug in my pages which I'm working on resolving.
              There is a tag you can use that puts IE9 into compatibility mode without any browser intervention (but the memory's not up to scratch today and I've forgotten it). I will post some more info when I have it to hand.
              Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

Comment

It is best to find a solution that is compatible with all browsers and versions but the compatibility mode meta tags are referenced here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx

Comment

Hi Duncan.
                  I'm going down the fix the problem not hide it route myself, but I thought I'd throw in the compatibility mode bit for good measure.
                  Totally agree I don't like "fixes" or "hacks" to make pages look right, it only creates more problems long term as browsers update and the hacks stop working.

Maybe this thread out to be renamed IE9?
                  Steve Griggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G Griggs View Post
                    Maybe this thread out to be renamed IE9?
                    Good point - done.

Comment

Working...
                    X