Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Accounts - Monthly Invoicing

Hi All,

I am creating a new actinic website where the client wants to be able to setup logins/customer accounts (which is easy), display only trade prices (which again I have sussed) and also then only invoice the customer for all the orders placed at the end of every month by sending them an Invoice from Actinic i.e. not paying individually for every order.

Its the last bit I cannot quite suss out i.e. which payment type to use "Payment On Account" or "Invoice With Order" or something else.

Then what report to run to create the invoice ?

Any prompts/ideas ?

Thanks

Giles

It doesn't do accounting like that for you, the account system is very basic until the next version. You could have paid by account and then run a sales export and group by customer or alike, there's no auto solution to create an invoice containing all they have bought, al least not in my experience anyway.

Comment

There are a couple of account customer reports available, see the sales tab of the reports dialog. They are not suitable for monthly billing but you could have them edited to be so (or change them yourself with crystal reports 8.5).

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Crystal Report

Thanks guys, I will write a crystal report to do the deed

Comment

I think your client or somebody has misunderstood how monthly accounts work.

An Invoice should be raised for each order as it happens. This will have the correct Tax Date which is the date at which the liability occurs (i.e. when goods are dispatched).

At the end of the month a Statement is issued which lists the invoices raised during the month and which are now due for payment.

Actinic can generate the invoices. You can also probably (?) run a monthly report showing the invloices raised for the month for each customer.

To try and create a single invoice for several orders over a period of time sounds all wrong to me.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
            create a single invoice for several orders over a period of time sounds all wrong to me.

Mike
            Having been in business for thirty-five years, I concur with Mike.

Each order is separate, Packing List, Delivery Note, Invoice (for Tax Point). Then date of despatch, method of shipping, dispatch.

THEN you send the customer a summary ('Statement') from your accounts software each month telling them how much to pay in total.

Not recommended though unless you know/trust the customer!
            Paul
            Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
            X