Set page to Expire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set page to Expire

We often upload new products and edit prices..
    Some customers dont see the new items because they are viewing a cached copy of the page.. Whats the best way to set it so that when people re-visit the site they view the latest version of the page.
    I know you can set a page expiry date in the meta tags.. but you'd need to change this date continously... How do other people deal with this issue?
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

If you use the meta tag code
    HTML Code:
    < meta http-equiv="expires" content="-1" />
    then the page will not cache and expire straight away. This will probably work the best for what you want
    Ben Adcock
    Caged Fish Web Design

Comment

thanks for that...
      Do you know how to make the page expire after a few days.. so that if they are browsing and keep coming back to the same page a few times on the same day, they dont have to keep loading it?
      Ideally I'd like a page to expire in 24 hours.
      How do other people deal with this?
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Am I missing something really obvious here? Probably

If you upload a new product to your site... or make some changes..
        returning visitors wont see the new products, unless they press refresh on their browser, as they will be looking at a cached copy of the page from their previous visit. Most people have no idea about this and never press refresh.

How can we make sure that when people revisit the site that their browser is forced to reload the page so that they see the new products?
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
        X