Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

php page not working in acatalog

Hi everyone

I placed a small form to collect catalogue subscription requests in a brochure page and renamed the page catalogue-request.php. (the form uses formtoemailpro http://formtoemail.com/formtoemail_pro_version.php )
    When accessing the page I got
    A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again.
    I tried with just the form.php
    "graphicz.eu.com/deleted/acatalog/formb.php"
    and got the same response, however if the form is put outside the acatalog folder it works!
    "graphicz.eu.com/deleted/formb.php"

Why does the acatalog folder stop the php file executing?
    Thank you.
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Answered my own question! This is from Heart Support:
    CGI scripts need certain file permissions to be set if they are to work properly. In general CGI scripts need to have permissions on 755 (rwxr-xr-x), although PHP files only need 644 (rw-r--r--). The folders containing CGI scripts also need certain permissions. In particular, if a folder has very lax permissions, such as 777 (rwxrwxrwx), the web servers will not execute the scripts contained in it.
    I now have the form outside acatalog and it shows in an iframe.

I have deleted the links in the above as they are no longer relevant.

This may have some relevance for this post on incorporating a Blog into Actinic (http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=46635)

Do other hosting companies have the same policy regarding folder permissions and php?

Thanks
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X