Carbonite Backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbonite Backup

I have just subscribed to Carbonite for online backup.

I have had a read on the Actinic forums too about other peoples experiences and recomendations.

I now have a couple of questions the answers to which are probably really stupidly obvious to others

...If I had a need to import a backup from Carbonite how would this work with Actinic as Carbonite would have a mirror image of my Actinic Data files as it had backed them up along with back up copies of my Actinic Snapshots. Would the process be for me to restore from a complete Actinic Snapshot that was backed up or would I be able to restore from the individual Actinic Data Files that would be backed up ?

... What I am getting at is...if I forgot to keep up to date with my Actinic Snapshot Backups - could I restore with the backed up Data Files as they were stored on Carbonite ?

Once an Actinic site is up and running pretty much everything is in ActinicCatalog.mdb except your Product / Section Images. If you're keeping your images in a sub-folder of the Site folder they will be easy to recover.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman.

I can rest a little easier then!

It looks like as long as carbonite does it's thing - it's not the end of the world if I have not taken a very recent 'snapshot' backup.

Comment

Working...
      X