Other Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Pages

Im sure this is simple but I can't figure this out, I want to build new pages that are linked from the navbar, on the more pages page it tells how new pages can be created, what does it mean about using icons for the navbar? How do Icretae these pages and how do I link to them?

Introduction

If you want to add your own pages into the store, you can add whatever you want. Actinic supply a range of buttons with each theme that you can use for your pages if you want. These are listed below.
    Welcome Page
    Welcome Page

You can create a 'welcome' page and use 'brochurewelcome1.gif' and 'brochurewelcome2.gif' as the icons for the navigation bar.
    About Us Page
    About Us Page

You can create an 'about us' page and use 'brochureabout1.gif' and 'brochureabout2.gif' as the icons for the navigation bar.
    How To Find Us Page
    How To Find Us Page

You can create a 'how to find us' page and use 'brochurelocation1.gif' and 'brochurelocation2.gif' as the icons for the navigation bar.
    Contact Us Page
    Contact Us Page

You can create a 'contact us' page and use 'brochurecontact1.gif' and 'brochurecontact2.gif' as the icons for the navigation bar.
    Specials Page
    Specials Page

You can create a 'specials' page and use 'brochurespecials1.gif' and 'brochurespecials2.gif' as the icons for the navigation bar.
    Links Page
    Links Page

You can create a 'links' page and use 'brochurelinks1.gif' and 'brochurelinks2.gif' as the icons for the navigation bar.
    News Page
    News Page

You can create a 'latest news' page and use 'brochurenews1.gif' and 'brochurenews2.gif' as the icons for the navigation bar.
    Retro Sweets Shop

Originally posted by jim25 View Post
    Im sure this is simple but I can't figure this out, I want to build new pages that are linked from the navbar, on the more pages page it tells how new pages can be created, what does it mean about using icons for the navbar? How do Icretae these pages and how do I link to them?
    All those are brochure pages which you can create under the home page, right click in the content tree and then select new brochure page, use the details given to generate the page.

If you are using the default site then the code is already in the page to automatically include the new pages into the navigation bar. Can't be too specific as it depends on the theme in use but for the V10 default theme the navigation bar runs across the page underneath the Online store banner. New brochure pages appear to the right of the [Home] page link when looking at brochure or home pages.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks for the reply but Im still stumped, Im using the silver theme and still can't grasp how actinic works with variables and layouts. I just want to be able to add pages to the horizontal nav bar
      Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

I think I'm getting somewhere but Im stuck,

<a href"<actinic:variable name= />"><actinic:variable formatting="font(Color|fff3bc)" name="SiteMapText" /></a>

If I go to the library I can find the "SiteMapText" variable, duplicate it and create a new variable "WelocomeText" but I can't find "SiteMapPageURL" in the list of variables, so don't know how to create a new url that I can choose.

I hope this makes sense
        Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

I don't think it's possible to code any more wrong than you have there, you got the '<a' correct, the rest is hopelessly wrong. If you want to learn some basic html there is a post in the KB on it, study the format of the links already in the navbar too, you just copy that format to get your links looking the same.

<a href="insert url">insert link text</a> is the format for a basic link.

Comment

Thats just the way it copied and pasted

<a href="SiteMapPageURL">SiteMapText</a>

Is how it looks in Actinic I can find the SiteMapText variable but I cant find the SiteMapPageURL anywhere so don't know how to replicate one.

Does it have anything to do with the fac that I'm still in preview mode?
            Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

That link only has a variable for the URL as it is a system standard link, if you are creating your own link to a page of your own, simply type in the URL of the page.

Comment

Working...
              X