Favicons!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favicons!!!

Sorry i know this an old issue but can someone just clarify something for me please.

i want to add a favicon to my shop, i have managed to do it on the top page (the welcome page) and i assumed that it would automaticaly show up on other pages! but do i have to do it on all the pages individually?

The path to the favicon must be valid for all pages. I generally upload it manually to the root of the domain and then use the following in the head:
    <link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="http://www.mydomain.co.uk/favicon.ico" type="image/ico" />

Comment

i have uploaded the .ico file to the acatalog folder using my ftp software. i then used <LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://www.alpacaknitwear.co.uk/acatalog/favicon.ico" /> in the welcome page,

what i just need to check is that i need to put this code manually into all the pages in my actinic site,

the reason i am checking is because i did added an favicon on my other sites that i have created in the antiquated frontpage www.conceptsofperu.co.uk and www.alpacapooch.co.uk but as i only needed to do it in the index file and the favicon shows in all pages.

Comment

You'd add the code into the head area of your template meaning all pages would get that code automatically, what do you mean by adding it manually into all of the pages, that's not possible and you'd not want to do it if you could. Add it to your overall layout, if you have one for brochure pages and one for section pages, then add it into both of those, that is all you need to do.

Comment

i entered the code into the welcome page by going to design tab/ code view, when i look at the product and section pages like this i can't see a head> bit to add my code to....

Comment

Well it is there, may need to navigate up or use the design tree on the right hand side.

Comment

this is really annoying .... i'm so sorry i just cant see it!!

Comment

window > restore split view layout is what i use.

Comment

Working...
                X