Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database problems

Hi everyone.

This isn't a request for help, more a case of problem solved but maybe posting this will be of help to someone else.

Had a problem today with Actinic refusing to start saying it couldn't locate a valid database and that there was a problem with the MDAC drivers. With some help from Eric in support it turned out to be a corrupt database. However it had caused mayhem and I needed to re-install Actinic from scratch. Copying the database over from the design machine resulted in other strange error messages about database drivers.

How the database got corrupted I'm not sure, but before there had been problems with the computer not wanting to start properly after doing a windows (Vista) update. Not the first time a windows update has given me grief of this sort, I'm fairly sure it was this update process that caused the data corruption.

The moral of this story is you really must keep an up to date snapshot of your Actinic setup... luckily ours was not too far out of synch.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk
Working...
X