IE9 in Design Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE9 in Design Preview

I discovered this by accident, but it's actually pretty handy for previewing CSS3 stuff within Actinic, and quick cross browser checks.

If you add the line

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" />

inside the <HEAD></HEAD> tags, it makes the preview window render as IE9, with CSS3 etc.

I presume it only works if the machine has IE9 installed already.

I wouldn't rely on it being 100% accurate though.

This will only work with IE9 installed as you thought, so it's limited to those of us using Vista or Win7. But it is quite consistent across different machines.
    I have tried it on a couple of windows computers, it does render the preview as in IE9, I think I remember hearing somewhere Actinic ties into IE somehow and uses it's page rendering for the preview tab.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

It can also be used to kick the preview to render as IE8 (just put an 8 in instead of 9) which may be more useful. It seems to default to IE7.

Comment

This will in fact make IE8/9 behave as any older version of IE would have done I think down to IE5.5 (don't quote me I could well be wrong).
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X