Online customer accounts (version 11 onwards) - comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online customer accounts (version 11 onwards) - comment

Apologies for posting in V10 forum, there isn't anywhere else to put it! This thread has appeared in the KB today:

Online customer accounts (version 11 onwards)

My whole purpose of buying Actinic software was for the ability to have (a) retail prices displayed online to the public and (b) logged-in trade customers viewing discounted prices (at varying levels). We vet applications for bona-fide status and in this way do not detract from our customers' business by competing with them.

I would need to have something like an additional checkbox in the set-up process so that the applicant can indicate their 'trade' status; ticking the box would throw up a warning or send us an email notification; we would then need to edit the Customer Account manually. And upload the site before their account became activated correctly, so there is no advantage to our customers signing up online.

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

I agree with your thoughts. My understanding is this:

Customers are only (optionally) asked if they want to sign up for an account if they are making a public retail purchase. If they opt to open an account online it will be a public retail account.

You would have to then modify that account to enable any trade pricing. So if the customer wants trade pricing they would have to contact you directly.

Comment

You can select
      Always create accounts
      Create an account unless customer chooses not to
      Create an account only if customer chooses to
      Do not create accounts automatically online

Using the last option leaves it as current version, but your retail customers would loose the ability to view orders as you have to be logged to see your orders.

By default online customers get retail accounts, when you download orders from site you get all the new customer accounts details as well.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
      Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
      X