Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Wont Load

Hello everyone,

I have been using actinic all day fine, went to change site and it crashed. I have tried to open it again and its just stuck on the "Initializing Site Objects" screen?

Do I leave it to sort itself out or am I gonna have to uninstall it etc?

Thanks

See: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=50276
    Peblaco

Comment

Ty opening Actinic from the command line - ie from Start Run type the following:
      "C:\Program Files\Actinic v10\Catalog.exe" /s "My Site Name"
      Just place your site name in place of: My Site Name

Comment

Hello Louise,

Nope seems to have made it worse, doesnt even get to that screen anymore? I guess Ill have to reinstall it? Just seem odd as I have been using it for ages without any issues

EDIT:

Hello Duncan, nope that didnt work either, I get an error saying "Location not Available"

DOH! I didnt put (x86) in it, that got it to the "Initializing Site Objects" screen but no further

Comment

Do you have microsoft access

If so make a copy of the site folder and store seperatly then

If so find catalogue.mdb in your sites folder and double click it to open in access, then use access to compact and repair
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Ok I have tried to open a different site and that worked, when changing to one of my sites its crashed again? Am I gonna have to delete that site and import my most recent snapshot?

Hello Chris, I tried compacting the database and its not made a difference either?

Comment

I'd restore your latest snapshot into a newly registered site. Don't download though as you may be able to import the orders from the bad database first.

Comment

Ok I dont know how but my Digital Download section has gone completely from my database? Not sure how that has happened since I havent changed anything on my site?

I took a back up yesterday so I guess Ill just have to find out how much is missing since yesterday.

Thanks for all the help guys and girls

Comment

I have this from time to time, this is how I resolve it.

Copy the actinic database to a secure location with actinic closed.

Drag a copy of the database from another sitecinto the folder replacing the original.

Open actinic and then close.

Now replace the database file with the original that you saved elsewhere.

Now open actinic and it should now load correctly.
                  Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                  Zirconium Rings
                  Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
                  X