Can Understand If Nobody Helps With This One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Understand If Nobody Helps With This One

I am as we speak inputing a load of products individually,.
    it was taking a rather large amount of time,. So I inducted the help of my wee buck for the promise of financial reward,.

I exported a snapshot of the site, gave it to him, so he started inputting a some of these products on another machine.

The theroy was that when he was finnished I would export a Hierarchica from his machine, and paste it into my exported Hierarchica file,. then of course re import it, and all the combined work would be lovely dovely,.

Not so,.
    Now I thought I spotted the problem being the product ref numbers being the same as we both started out with the same Snapshoted Site, so I deleted these from his Hierarchica file and retried,.

Still not worth dangly things on a bore,...

If you can understand my gibberish above I'd be awfully greatful to find out what I am not doing right,.

Can I not paste into a middle section of the Hierarchica file without upsetting it so much ?

Cheers Tommy

PS. I also paid the wee buck 5 bleeding quid and he's off down the street spending me cash

You can certainly copy parts of the one file into the second. The product reference numbering should be changed in the one file and auto-numbering must be switched off on the computer you are importing into.

The only reason why you should be merging the two import files is to get the sections correct. If you have different sections and your numbering is unique in each file then just import on top of your catalog.

Remember to take lots of snapshots.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
      You can certainly copy parts of the one file into the second. The product reference numbering should be changed in the one file and auto-numbering must be switched off on the computer you are importing into.

The only reason why you should be merging the two import files is to get the sections correct. If you have different sections and your numbering is unique in each file then just import on top of your catalog.

Remember to take lots of snapshots.
      Cheers drounding, so I just switch off the auto-numbering before importing,.
      is that the 'Auto Generate Product References' in Business settings ?

what about the product numbers that already there, do I delete all of them

Comment

That's the right place to turn it off, but don't delete them - just change them if you wish. Each product must have a unique reference number.

Comment

£5! is that all - no wonder it doesn't work!
          Tezzflyer

Websparky Electrical Goods

http://www.websparky.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tezzflyer View Post
            £5! is that all - no wonder it doesn't work!
            thats a lotta money these days,. but he does get other benifits, there 's bread, water to mention but a few

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
              That's the right place to turn it off, but don't delete them - just change them if you wish. Each product must have a unique reference number.
              right,. will give it another go drounding cheers

Comment

Working...
              X