Prices and shipping not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices and shipping not showing

Im having a few problems with the shopping cart, I uploaded to the test server, the products are set up using permutations, the weight and price are set on the hidden options.

But when I go to shopping cart some prices don't show and no shipping details are displaying.

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/tri...ed-sweets.html

The first 6 sweets all have the same settings, I can't figure this out.

All the other items don't have the hidden options set up as I didn't realise I had done them wrong, but I want to get the first 6 working before I change the rest

I have also attached my content tree for inspection
    Attached Files
    Retro Sweets Shop

This has come up a lot before but, you know what, none of the previous threads that I could find had a solution confirmed (although all posters appeared to have fixed - just without saying how)

What pricing model are you using for the products?
    General Tab > Pricing Model (below image fields)
    It should be "sum of component prices" for your setup. Perhaps the error you have comes from it being set at "use product price"?? (shot in the dark as not sure for certain)
    Tracey

Comment

Thank you so much Tracey that was the problem some products were set to product price, I have scanned this all weekend and couldn't spot it!!

However the site is still not showing any shipping info, I have it set to zone and class, any ideas. I have had it showing before but the shipping wasn't calculating correctly, probably to do with the pricing model being wrong.

I must have done something to stop the shipping prices from showing but I don't know what.
      Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

are you saying that you used to have it showing shipping in the cart then? Rather than just through the checkout?

The only way to do this is to have the "request location information early" option ticked (can't get shipping without knowing location!) in Business Settings > Ordering > Miscellaneous

However, this will be greyed out unless you use (I think - bit rusty on this and couldn't find specific info in help) "Quantity on confirmation page" as your shopping mode (Parent setting is Design > Design Options although you'd need to ensure ALL your sections are using this "use parent" option to un-grey the "request location information early" option

If you didn't mean showing shipping in the cart, what did you mean? Shipping details where?
        Tracey

Comment

Sorry I should have been more clear, I mean I want the shipping costs to be visible in the "view cart" view.

The only way I seem to be able to get this to work, is continue with an order untill the shipping page, then using the same browser shipping costs show in the cart if I continue shopping.(hope that makes sense)

Plus the shipping costs are not correct, I have up to 0.20kg set at £1.27 but it bills £1.70

If I choose a product that has no weight set and it uses the default it bills properly at £1.27
          Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

It seems the shipping is charging double

0.25kg = £1.27 is charging the price of 0.50kg = £1.70 first class packet

Second class is doing the same, do you know what might be causing this?
            Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

Originally posted by jim25 View Post
              Sorry I should have been more clear, I mean I want the shipping costs to be visible in the "view cart" view.
              The only way to do this is as I stated below, by using "request location info early" option

The only way I seem to be able to get this to work, is continue with an order untill the shipping page, then using the same browser shipping costs show in the cart if I continue shopping.(hope that makes sense)
              This is the default if the other option is not used

Plus the shipping costs are not correct, I have up to 0.20kg set at £1.27 but it bills £1.70
              Where have you entered the weight in Actinic?
              In the associated product? Or the main one?
              Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey

Thanks for bearing with me

I have entered the weight and price on the hidden options, Actinic seems to be adding the default weight to it as well which is causing over charging.
                Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

What about the main product? Is there a weight in that? If so, set it to zero AND tick "exclude from shipping bank calculation" (I think this might actually be a really old 'bug')
                  Do you have "use associated product weight" ticked in the permutations?
                  Tracey

Comment

Tracey I could kiss you

Thank you very much, excluding the main product has done the trick.

We will be charging a flat rate of £4.95 for all orders over 1.5kg via fed ex, we want to implement an optional next day delivery option of £1.50.

Is this possible?
                    Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

Working...
                    X