Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Order Export sent orders to completed tab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Export sent orders to completed tab?

I need to export all my currently unshipped orders to a csv file, so I followed these instructions in 'Help Topics' in Actinic.

Exporting A Selection Of Orders
    You can choose to export specific orders in Actinic, and bypass the 'batch exporting' requirements described above, by doing the following:

1. Highlight orders you want to export. You can use [Shift + Click] and [Ctrl + Click] to highlight multiple orders.

2. Right-click and select 'ReExport to Files' (or select 'Export | Export Orders' within the 'Report Selection' window).

This will then bring up the 'Export File Settings' window as described above (unless you have chosen to hide it).

I used the right-click option. And then all of my orders were moved from the Pending tab to the Completed tab. Why was this, and how do I get them back? None of the shop items in the orders have been marked as shipped, so I don't know why the orders have 'ticked' as completed!

Thanks!

As I understand when you export, you are also telling actinic the order is complete. This happens because people export their orders to process in other applications. Obviously this is counter intuitive for you, only export when complete or when you intend to process in other applications.

Comment

Well, it would be polite if it asked first

Any ideas how I get them back into the pending tab? Don't want them to be stuck there - some won't be processed until christmas time!

I do have a snapshot backup, I guess re-importing would work?

Comment

Snapshot import seems the best idea, certainly the quickest.

Comment

Ok, thanks
          Think I'll be posting a wish list request now...

Comment

Umm no can do. The last few backups I've done do not seem to have worked - searched the whole computer and they aren't there. The last available backup is from 2nd August.

If the the snapshot was the quick way, what's the slower way??

Comment

Slower way would be opening up each order and altering it so that the order is not 100% complete, i think it will move tabs then. I am theorising though, cannot say for sure as never done, but you should be able to test easily enough.

Comment

Yeah that was my first thought... I could just mark the items and 'unshipped'. But for some reason (even though it is part of our 'complete order' process) the line items have not been been marked as shipped. The only visible change is in the progress and payments tab, under line item delivery, status has changed to 'complete', but % shipped is still 0.

Screen shot attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, pretty sure you can get an order back into pending, maybe it was from adding an additional item to the order or something like that, how does the 'line items' tab look?

Comment

Like so... nothing is actually marked as shipped.
                    I could add & remove items, but they show up on our print-outs then. I could also manually increase the cost by a penny or something, and then manually complete orders after they've actually been dispatched perhaps? Would take a while mind!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Further thoughts -

For Actinic to 'decide' that an order should appear in the completed tab, there must be a flag in the Actinic database somewhere that tell it this. So can I find this flag, and change it back to what it should have been before the order was exported? The problem is finding this column in the Database - it's a bit of a maze!

Looking in the Orders table in the Actinic database:
                      - "Total Lines Shipped" - the offending orders still have 0 in the column, indicating they have not been shipped. So this doesn't help.
                      - "Date Order Finished" - some orders have today's date listed but some are just blank (of those that have not been marked as shipped, as above). I could delete these dates, but why are some blank? So this can't be the cause of the problem.

And then in the OrderDetails table:
                      - Status - contains letters F, N, or C. But this does not correspond to the "Update Date" (the only point of reference in this table).

So all in all I'm not getting very far!? Maybe it will look better in the morning...

Comment

Solution Found

There is a solution for this - it can be rectified by running a query (in sql) in the database to update the tables. It does move ALL orders back to the pending tab... I had to select all true completed orders, right click and 'complete' and click 'ok' on the strange box that comes up for EVERY order asking about payment.

This is the code Actinic support provided. But use at your own risk, and do a backup and snapshot or two before hand!
                        UPDATE [Order] SET [Status] = "N", [nInvoiceStatus] = 0, [nBomStatus] = 0,
                        [Date Order Finished] = "" WHERE [nInvoiceStatus] = 3 AND [nBomStatus] = 3;

Comment

Originally posted by JFro View Post
                          Further thoughts -

For Actinic to 'decide' that an order should appear in the completed tab, there must be a flag in the Actinic database somewhere that tell it this. So can I find this flag, and change it back to what it should have been before the order was exported? The problem is finding this column in the Database - it's a bit of a maze!

Looking in the Orders table in the Actinic database:
                          - "Total Lines Shipped" - the offending orders still have 0 in the column, indicating they have not been shipped. So this doesn't help.
                          - "Date Order Finished" - some orders have today's date listed but some are just blank (of those that have not been marked as shipped, as above). I could delete these dates, but why are some blank? So this can't be the cause of the problem.

And then in the OrderDetails table:
                          - Status - contains letters F, N, or C. But this does not correspond to the "Update Date" (the only point of reference in this table).

So all in all I'm not getting very far!? Maybe it will look better in the morning...
                          Date Order Finished is blank until the order is completed.
                          Status is N=normal, F=finished, S=Shipped. C is not documented but may well be complete.
                          nInvoiceStatus and nBOMStatus, 0=Not Printed, 1=Printed, 2=Printed for Data entry, 3=Exported.
                          Unfortunately it is not clear what all the requirements for a completed order are, but it appears the exported settings are used to identify a completed order and set the Date Order Finished, from the SQL Query it appears you need to reset this date to blank and clear the two status flags.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                          Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
                          X