Stock status message / graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock status message / graphic

At the moment my site doesn't display any stock status, the only indication being the display of the cart button, which is removed for out of stock items. I would like to have the stock status displayed, preferably with green tick & red cross graphics including in stock/out of stock text - I don't want any qty's visible, just the status.I've had a look about & the settings in site options are;
    Stock/Enable Display of Stock Info = True
    Stock/Real Time Stock Display = Use parent(=Display in stock message only).

From that I'm assuming that in stock items should show the text "in stock", but they don't.

In the Design Library/Real Time Stock Display/Display Stock quantities;

<span id="RemoveIfOutOfStock_<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" selectable="false" />" class="ActinicRTS" >
    <span id="EnableIfStockOk_<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" selectable="false" />" class="ActinicRTS" style="visibility: hidden; display: none;">
    <span id="StockLevel_<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" selectable="false" />" class="ActinicRTS" style="display: inline;"></span>&nbsp;in stock.
    </span>
    </span>
    <span id="EnableIfOutOfStock_<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" selectable="false" />" class="ActinicRTS" style="visibility: hidden; display: none;">
    <strong><span class="actrequired"><br /><Actinic:Variable Name="OutOfStock"/></span></strong>
    </span>

With my (very) limited knowledge, I imagine that "visibility: hidden; display: none;" in the code has got something to do with not having any stock status visible?

If I can get a stock status to show, where should I start looking to replace the standard text with graphics?

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Martin,
    I would change the "Real-time Stock Display" Layout in "Site Options | Stock" to use "Display In Stock Message Only".

You can then edit the "Display In Stock Message Only" to show a green tick and red cross rather than the OutOfStock/ProductInStockMessage variables that Actinic uses by default.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

OK, thanks - I'll look at that.
      Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Working...
      X