Why has my homepage gone like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why has my homepage gone like this?

All of the text and images on my homepage have gone out of alignment with everything, youll see what I mean - http://www.cassellie.net/

I very much doubt this suddenly happened, almost certain to be something you have done that has caused this, what changes have you recently made, maybe even a few weeks ago and you just hadn't checked the site properly. You appear to have some counter of some kind, did you add that? And why more to the point?

Comment

It happened about an hour ago, i was changing my background colour, clicked apply, ad everything changed. I have been updating my site all morning, and the problem didnt occur

Comment

I moved the counter, and that was the problem, however Ive had the counter in that position for a few months now, and it never affected anything

Comment

You have some stray Actinic tags just under the Paypal logo
          Code:
          tag !!<>!!tag
          BTW, I also agree with Lee...why do you have a counter on the page? very old hat and 'counter' productive imho
          The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Im not a professional web designer, I am 16 years old and just helping the bike shop I work for out by making the website better, becuase before I started working at JT cycles, there was nothing on the website.

Also the hit counter was for our purposes really, we were interested in seeing if people were actually visiting the website.

Sorry if you all think I have done a bad website desiging job

Comment

Originally posted by JTCycles View Post
              Sorry if you all think I have done a bad website desiging job
              I never meant to have a go at you - just trying to guide you away from one of the 'cardinal sins' of web design.

A much more useful (and discreet) methods of analyzing your visitor behaviour is to sign up to Google Analytics and integrate that into your Actinic shop - very easily done by the way
              The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

I did try google analytics, cant seem to get the code working that they give you to put in the box in actinic . the ' UA-22917138-4' code,

Comment

I just checked actinics, and it recognises my website now. So by putting the code into my actinic software, it will manage the hits from all the pages?

Comment

Yes mate, it does indeed

Edit
                    In fact if Analytics recognizes the site it suggests that the code is already entered so you should be able to examine your historical data
                    Last edited by meden; 27-Aug-2011, 02:58 PM. Reason: added a bit
                    The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

I've just checked your page source and you appear to have several instances of the Google code appearing on the home page - with different indices - you may need to clean that up for it to work properly
                      The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Working...
                      X