Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Price breaks for a choice of product quantity

Hi,
    I'm completely redesigning a site that was previously in v6 to be in v10 and I was looking at adjusting the way multiples of products are shown on the website (and in stock)

Currently we have seperate prices for each option ie Slide/10, Slide/30 etc so when the product is ordered the stock of that specific product goes down. I'd like to have some system where I have the main product Slide and not seperate products for the different pack sizes.

There are price breaks for each one i.e. Slide(10 pack) = £7, Slide(30 pack) = £15 etc.

I tried setting a component for the main product (Slide) and this showed the different options with the prices - and i could feasibly link each of those to a seperate product, but that would be still using multiple products.

The other option I thought of would be to use price breaks at the different points, and then limit the choice that the customer has for the quantity to only enable them to choose 10,30,40,100. I saw in the AUG that you can do that using the select option, but that would require changing the layout for each product which had a different pack size and then editing the layouts for the specific sizes.
    So I was wondering would I be able to create custom variables for them i.e. 'Quantity 1' , 'Quantity 2' , 'Quantity 3' etc and then have them displayed in the dropdown option if they weren't null? That way I'd only have to create one new layout, and then could control the values from the individual products.

But I'm a little bit of a newbie when it comes to placements of the variable etc.

I'm not sure if that seems like a good way to do it because it doesn't allow a customer to purchase multiple packs of 20 (i.e. if they wanted 60)

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful.

Nikki

Hi Nicky

Did you ever find a work round for the price break question you had a while back. We have over 15000 products and want to set price breaks, but without setting up a product group for each product and then applying discounts I can't see a way round it...

Thanks

Bob

Comment

Working...
    X