Import Orders and Stock Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Orders and Stock Levels

Clients send over an ACD for some work and is changed and sent back. Over the weekend they continue trading. New design ACD is imported (full data site import not a design import) and orders are synced via File > Import Orders (the latest orders ActinicCatalog.mdb is copied to desktop before importing the updated design ACD so orders can be synced back in)

After importing the orders stock levels are not updated. The orders are imported fine but the stock levels are not touched. Surely stock levels should update themselves?

v10.0.3 happening on 2 different sites

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Why do the order sync like that, i've never done that, if they import the snapshot their end, tick 'all content' and ensure 'all orders' is not ticked, they will get the new design, plus the up to date orders, well they don't get them, they just retain them with your new snapshot not overwriting them. I've been doing that since V8, so can assure you it is trouble free. Not sure if that solves your issue, but maybe worth trying.

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
      Clients send over an ACD for some work and is changed and sent back. Over the weekend they continue trading. New design ACD is imported (full data site import not a design import) and orders are synced via File > Import Orders (the latest orders ActinicCatalog.mdb is copied to desktop before importing the updated design ACD so orders can be synced back in)

After importing the orders stock levels are not updated. The orders are imported fine but the stock levels are not touched. Surely stock levels should update themselves?

v10.0.3 happening on 2 different sites
      Stock levels are not stored in the order tables, they are in the main product table so doing that full import which changes the content you will overwrite all stock levels with the old values. If you follow Lee's advice then the content is not overwritten so stock levels will be maintained.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
      Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by malbro View Post
        Stock levels are not stored in the order tables, they are in the main product table so doing that full import which changes the content you will overwrite all stock levels with the old values. If you follow Lee's advice then the content is not overwritten so stock levels will be maintained.
        Cheers lee and mal,

that is what is confusing me - if I select to import content and not orders and you are saying the stock levels are with the content will that not blitz the stock levels when the site content is imported

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X