Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product title variable

Hi,

I need to add a new 'Variable' into each 'PRODUCT TITLE' (Short Description).

Can this be done?
    Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
    Snuggle Feet
    Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

At the start or the end of the existing one yes, that's easy, if in between then you will need to use php to breakup the existing and create a before and after string and insert your variable in between.

Comment

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like one at the end of the 'Product Title'. After creating a custom Variable how do I get it in the end of the product title?
      Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
      Snuggle Feet

Comment

Create your new variable, open up your product layout, locate the ProductName variable (most likely in between a html tag), insert cursor at end of variable, press space and then start to type your new variable name, actinic will help you complete it. Apply the change, job done.

Comment

Hi Lee,

Thanks!

I need it inside the product title at the end. I want the variable to be added to the product title so that appears in the checkout, in Actinic desktop and printed reports.

The way to suggested will only the variable next to the product title online.

Can I need the variable 'inside' at the end of the product title?
          Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
          Snuggle Feet

Comment

Hmm, that's somewhat trickier, you're asking to insert the contents of one variable into another, the logical solution to that is to just have it all in the product title. You could have a database query that did that or do a file export, use excel to concatenate product variable with your new one and then import back in. To work in the areas you want it to, you need it in the product name field.

Comment

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the ideas.

Is it possible to have a small sub title or text that be controlled by a variable but they show in checkout, Actinic desktop and reports?

It can be below the main product title.
              Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
              Snuggle Feet

Comment

There's a report description field you can switch on in business settings that then appears on the product menus to fill out. You could use that on reports, the first method I mentioned on product layout, think you're stuffed on the checkout though, I'm all out of ideas on that one.

Comment

Hi Lee,

I'm looking at using the 'report description field' you said about.

Can this variable be controlled by a condition?

I thinking of adding the text 'This Is A Pre-Order' to all products in the 'report description field'. But only needed it to be shown if the stock level is 0.
                  Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
                  Snuggle Feet

Comment

It's a 'report' field as far as I know, not one available in the design or layouts.

Comment

Getting Product level Variable displaying in the Cart is covered in http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=28914 (read posts 5 and 10).

Getting them into the Order and Customer Email can be done but is much more work.
                      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I wonder if the order and customer emails are generated from the session file or created fresh from the order data?

I'm just wondering if appending "(Pre-order)" to the short description in the session file would make it into the email.

Mike
                        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X