Duplicating Components v 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicating Components v 10

Hi I have looked through the forum and cannot find a solution to my problem.

In v8 there was some discussion which indicated that duplicating components within different products was possible.

We have several products that may have the same component. We have a hidden product, in order that the pricing model is correct and enabling the component to be shown as a separate line, both within the Product and at check out. This is important as it will be a non-refundable addition to the main product.

The component needs to have exactly the same description in each case.

When I try to copy and paste the component, it fails and the message "Some variants were not pasted because it would have led to duplicates" is displayed.

It would appear that Actinic generates the "HTML for Name" field of the Component Details as the html name for the generated code (hence, I assume, the duplicate warning).

As this component is available on many products and the "HTML for Name" (which is the name also displayed on the product page) needs to be consistent, is there any way that this can be duplicated?

Many thanks - if I had any hair left, I would be pulling it out in handfulls.

Cheers

Peter

Component Duplicate

OK,

This appears to have been a "funny"

Have gone back to a previous saved export, re-imported, gone through the process again and hey presto!

Comment

Working...
    X