Bypass order processing & database export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bypass order processing & database export

Due to a sudden change in the way things are going to have to be done here (i.e. I'll have to do nearly everything myself), I'm having to re-work our current order processing system (again).

We deal with orders from two sources (our website orders and drop-shipping orders from another company), but other than that, the orders are processed in a similar way (with the exception of pricing). I don't want to import the other orders into Actinic, so that means exporting the Actinic orders into a central SQL database (where the drop-ship orders will also be held).

I know Actinic has an option for 'by-pass order processing'. So I need info on how this works, if anyone else has tried it, and what issues I am likely to come across?

For example, what happens if an order comes into Actinic with a failed payment. Then the customer phones a day or two later to re-do the payment. I would presumable find the order in the 'completed' tab? And then add in the payment? Would the payment details then be updated BY ACTINIC or would the SQL database need to do a scan to check for orders that have altered somehow?
    The same situation may occur if the customer wishes to alter an order.

This may well point towards NOT using the by-pass order processing option, and either exporting csv files from within Actinic or extracting info from queries in the main Actinic database.

Any suggestions welcome. 2 weeks before our season starts, the race is on!!

I suggest you contact Mole End. Their One Stop Order Processing (http://www.1stoporders.com/) might help.

Comment

Certain aspects of it may help, but not up for paying for other stuff I don't need

Plus three of us in 1 house with a comp.science degree...well, we need to make use of it somewhere! Just need to make sure we know what we're dealing with...

Comment

Working...
      X