Section Page Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section Page Names

All of my 'products' are imported from a flat file. For each product, I include a field 'Section Page Name', to ensure that the 'Section Page Name' for that 'product' remains static, and that it is not generated by Actinic. This is because I wish to send a link to customers for particular 'products', and I do not wish that link to change.

The problem is that at the level above, the 'Section Page Name' is blank, and therefore the 'Section Page Name' is generated by Actinic in the format 'Store_Name_Section_Name_Number.html' . I do not know if the 'Number' changes every time I add more products.

As an example to explain, on my web site www.derekbraid.co.uk I sent a link to an editor of a sailing magazine (my customer) to look at all of my boat pictures. So the link was http://www.derekbraid.co.uk/acatalog..._Boats_32.html . This is a section which contains other sections, which then contain 'products'. The lower level sections contain static a 'Section Page Name' because I supplied it with the 'product' in the flat file.

I wish to ensure that the number '32' remains unchanged, so that if the editor looks at the link in the future, it will still be the correct link, even if I have added more products.

I hope I have explained the situation OK and would welcome any advice.
Working...
X