Shopping Cart (but not a shopping cart)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping Cart (but not a shopping cart)

I previously used Actinic in the traditional manner, selling panoramic photographs on canvas, with the customer selecting pictures and then buying on-line using a credit card.

I have now changed tack, and my web site www.derekbraid.co.uk using Catalog v10, is now 'simply' a gallery to show the photographs that I have available, with the plan that an editor browses for suitable pictures, then sends me an email saying wihich pictures he/she would like (quoting the Reference number) and then the business is transacted outside Actinic. The cost of using my photographs is not fixed before I receive the enquiry.

What I would like to do is provide a 'Lightbox' for editors to select photographs and then be able to view this lightbox, and ideally 'order' the pictures by sending me an 'order' This order would not have any financial value, but is simply a way to get the information about which pictures the customer is interested in.

Here are my thoughts of a possible solution:-
    - call the 'Shopping Basket' a 'Lightbox' (no problem)
    - give each 'product' a nominal value of £0.01
    - hide the price (when viewing the product)
    - allow customers to click a button 'add to lightbox'
    - allow customer to 'View Lightbox' but the prices (individual and total) would be hidden
    - allow customer to 'Place Order' with no financial implication.

I relaise that this was not what Actinic was originally designed for, but I really like the product import facility, and I kow my way around Actinic fairly well at a user level (not at developer level).

Any thoughts would be welcomed.

Should work fine.

- Change 'cart' to 'lightbox'
    - set all prices to zero.
    - Edit the product, cart and checkout layouts so that price isn't displayed.
    - use the 'Invoice' payment method so no payment required. Edit checkout layouts so not displayed.

Can't see any problems doing it this way.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X