Buy 5 get 1 free discount creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy 5 get 1 free discount creation

We had this set up on one of our websites but now it doesn't seem to work correctly. Does anyone/can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to set it up correctly?

Thanks,

Grant

How have you currently got it set up and what is it doing that doesn't seem right?

Comment

its on www.whirlpoolexpress.co.uk on our aromatherapy oils section. I didn't set this up originally but am now responsible for the site.

10 products all in a group 'aromatherapy oils'

Discount set up as per pic but nothing happens on the site for some reason?

Comment

bumpity bump

Comment

Trigger 6? i'd have thought 5......

Comment

doesn't work either way :-(

Comment

You're stating buy 5 get 1 free, but you're actually setting up for buy 6 get the cheapest free, perhaps it is confused what you're trying to do. Surely you should be rewarding with a product from that group, not as you have it set up?

Comment

I don't see any sign of a quantity discount on your site whether I put 5 or 6 into the cart. Normally, this would show in the cart with a message along the lines of "buy another X to get 1 aromatherapy oil free".

What products are in your product group for aromatherapy oils?

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I have the product group set up as follows:

What I actually require is the ability to buy 5 and get an extra 1 for free..

If I've set it up wrong, how do I go about correcting it?

Thanks guys
                  Attached Files

Comment

On your first screenshot, look about 1cm further down than the reward area, that is what I would use personally to do what you want ie reward is a 'product'.

Comment

PS - Check the restrictions tab, perhaps limited or out of date?

Comment

There are no restrictions on the discount and if I select a reward type as a product doesn't that mean I am specifying which oil they get for free?

Whereas it needs to be they buy five and get to choose the 6th one for free.

Comment

I wasn't thinking along the lines of rewarding a specific product, i thought you'd set it to be any of the products from the set group. I take it you are uploading the site to test this, sorry if silly question, you do say you have just taken over though, it might be an oversight you'd not realised.

Comment

Delete the discount and the group, upload the site, recreate the discount and the group and then upload again, at least that's what i'd do. Perhaps it is confused or there is an obvious error we are missing.

Comment

I'll try the latter just to eliminate the issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X