ActinicLink to Sage VAT error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ActinicLink to Sage VAT error

Not sure if it is the way I have it set-up or if this is an error but I have the following problem with international transaction when being transferred into Sage using Link.

Standard UK order all works fine – total and VAT being allocated correctly

An order from UK or EU where customer has ticked to say exempt – all works fine with no VAT on the transaction

An order from a non-EU country e.g. USA. Actinic automatically knows that they do not pay VAT, but when the order is transferred into Sage the VAT has not been made zero and so the order is showing as underpaid by the amount of the VAT.

In Actinic I have Tax set to ‘Tax by delivery address’ and then Tax zones of EU, UK and No Tax Levied. When’ ‘No Tax Levied‘ is selected, the right hand zone say ‘None of the above’.

Is there a setting I can tick to fix this, or it is actually and error is the way the Actnic and or ActinicLink are handling these transactions?

Thanks

James
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Have been speaking with support about this and they have pointed me to thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=39212 as the solution.

However, in order to set up another tax code for ROW I need to be running in tax exclusive mode.

As all our sites run in tax inclusive mode that seems to mean that I have to go through all 10 sites updating about 2,000 prices. And then make allowance for the fact that actinic VAT calculations never seem to work out the same rounding as I need.

Surely there is a better way to get link working with non EU – zero VAT orders. After all it is not exactly an unusual purchase region.

James
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Working...
    X