• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is /cgi-bin/ca000001.pl

Hi People

We seem to getting a lot of hits on the following page
    www.gparts.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl

anyone know what it is? I have searched forum but I am more confused than before?

Is it something to do with errors in our shopping cart?

Neil

It's the page that displays the Cart and also is called when anything is added to Cart. Hits there are GOOD.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

Thanks for the response!

Looking at my Google Analytics report I had 219 hits on this page, but I had no sells?

Now time to work out why we had no sells!??!

Neil

Comment

If you have funnels and goals set up with Google and Actinic you will be able to see how far they progressed through the checkout.

I know your goods could vary in weight and size so shipping may be complex but looking at your site I think you may find that people add an item to the cart to see what the shipping cost are.

Comment

Cheers for the feedback Norman.

I might see if I can some how add the shipping cost for the part in their layout!?

Not sure if that is possible!?

Neil

Comment

Neil,

I think you'd find it useful if you requested a site review in the 'Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) & Site Reviews' section.

There are a few things that might be causing you problems.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Any ideas what this page is used for?

/cgi-bin/cm000001.pl

As I am still trying to sort out the lack of orders on our site.

Neil

Comment

The cm script is called when going from shopping cart to checkout page.

Comment

So if I have my head screwed on correctly.

The "ca" page is used when someone puts a product into the cart and the "cm" page is used when they go to place the order.

Is there anywhere where I can find out what the customer was adding to there shopping cart and what they where trying to buy?

Neil

Comment

We use Whoson, mainly for it's online chat but it also tracks people as they travel around the website. You can see which page they were on prior to a ca page which will show you the item they added, although not the quantity.

Comment

What I would really like to be able to do is get Actinic to automatically email any customers who abandon their shopping cart.

This might help me find out why they never purchased item etc..

I know other e-commerce software does this either out of the box or through plug-ins, so it must be possible with Actinic??

Neil

Comment

It would be nice but not practical (at least unless the customer has an account).

Here's the conundrum:

- People don't like giving out their email address unless they're buying something.

- If they abondon their cart before going to checkout then you don't have an email address to send the email to.

Answers ?

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

The other thing to watch is the number of cm pages. There is normally 3 or 4 in the checkout process. If you can see how many you can work out where in the process people are leaving. This would tell you if most people leave at the shipping cost page or there is a problem going to the payment page etc.

You may need to look at your shipping costs. I had a quick look and added 44011AE030 as a purely random item. I'd guess as an exhaust gasket it might only weigh a few grams but shipping is £5.98 + vat. that seems about double what i'd expect to pay as i'd guess it could be sent RM letter or small packet. i'd certainly leave at that point and see if it was different elsewhere.

I'll give whoson http://www.whoson.com/another plug as it also tracks the number of visits each person has made. If people add items, find the shipping cost and leave never to return you have a problem. if they leave but return a while later then you've got it right.

I don't recall any site that has asked me why i left. I probably wouldn't answer if it did.

Comment

You can recieve aborted orders, but im pretty sure they have to initilise the checkout process before Actinic Retrieves it.

Comment

You could use our One Stop Order Processing plugin to email people that have PSP pending orders, it wouldn't be totally automatic though, first of all you would need to check to see if they have placed an order as well as creating a PSP pending order (we often see this) and then delete those PSP pending orders, then you would need to ignore any PSP orders placed in the last half hour or so because it's possible that the customer is in the middle of paying for them (Actinic can download the order in two parts if it takes a while for them to pay). Then you could use the email customer option to send a standard email to them. More details and a free trial for this product here :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Mul...r-Actinic.html

having said that, what we do here is call people and ask if they had problems paying, that works well for us and I think people are more likely to respond that they would to an email. We don't get a huge number though and so it's doesn't take long to make the calls. We do get quite a few orders completed as a result.

Regards,
                              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                              Multichannel order processing
                              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                              X