Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duplicate Products Hiding/Disappearing...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Products Hiding/Disappearing...?

Hi all

I'm in the process of converting a website from 'all products on one page' to a 'single page per product' style (this image perfectly illustrates what I'm doing):

I've started with one section and once this works I will do the rest. I have been working with my new section at the top of the tree the whole time, and now in order to test it live I re-ordered my tree so that new section appears at the very bottom (out of the public eye). Reason I'm not using the 'preview site' is that I need to check the shopping cart functions correctly.

I was literally about to hit 'publish' but I noticed the products don't appear when viewing my new section, now that it is at the bottom of the tree...! When re-ordering everything so that my new section is at the very top, all the products are visible again.

It is worth noting that all of the products in the new subsections are duplicates, and I've noticed all duplicates in the old sections are suffering the same issue - they are now hidden as well.

I suppose my question is, is there a box I've ticked accidentally somewhere that has set all duplicates to 'hidden'? It is odd that the duplicates in my new section show up when at the top of the tree though...

Can anyone shed some light on this?? Most appreciated!
    Adapt Design & Advertising
    www.adaptdesign.com

Cardoons.co.uk - Cards With An Inflated Personality
    www.cardoons.co.uk

Have you compacted the database since moving the sections around?

Comment

That did the trick Duncan, perfect. Many thanks for your prompt response and help.
      Adapt Design & Advertising
      www.adaptdesign.com

Cardoons.co.uk - Cards With An Inflated Personality
      www.cardoons.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X