Linked diagram;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked diagram;

Is it possible in any way to embed some sort of linked diagram into a section page?

I would like to use an exploded parts diagram with multiple links in a section page, the sort of thing that the customer would mouse over & click on the desired part of the diagram to take the to the product page.

I know that hyperlinked PDF's can do this sort of thing, but I'm not sure how this would work in Actinic.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Air-Tech; 08-Feb-2013, 01:03 PM. Reason: Change of title
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Code it externally and then embed that code into a fragment on the page.

Comment

OK, thanks - do you mean do it externally as a linked PDF & then embed that?

Comment

Your chosen method to create the method it is largely irrelevant, you just create it outside of actinic as easier and then add it in as you can embed html directly into actinic and tell it to process that code as html.

Comment

Martin,

If you have the image already then I'd look at creating a simple HTML image map. This allows you to create specific defined boundary areas within an image which are hyperlinks. i.e. you create an area around a specific "exploded part" and link it to the required page.

The resulting HTML can simply be embedded into a fragment on the required page.
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Thanks gents.

Just had a quick look at Image Mapping & it seems relatively easy in Adobe - even for a novice like myself.

Comment

More questions?

This idea was put on the back burner for a while (quite a while) & i've finally got back to it....

So far I've figured out that I'm looking at making client side image maps & have made a few basic one with Photoshop, which are working fine, however;

I'm doing this with slices in Photoshop, but due to the layout of the images I want to map the rectangular "selections" of the slice tool are far from ideal. I've looked into converting polygonal selections into slices/paths, but it looks like this makes the image map very over complicated & trouble prone.

Is there a way of creating an image map from polygonal slices/paths/selections rather than rectangles?

Thanks.

Comment

One of the cases where GIYF (Google is your friend). Much better searching there as there will be many such tools available. Trying "html image map creator" is a good start.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

If you have Adobe, you may have Dreamweaver as well?

DreamWeaver makes creating the HTML for polygonal image maps a sinch! You could download a 30-day trial if preferred.
                  There are online tools as well. As Norman said, GIYF
                  http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=create+image+map+tool
                  Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                  Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                  SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
                  X