Column Count for Brochure Fragment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Column Count for Brochure Fragment

I have set my column count for brochure fragments to 2.

Basically on the homepage I want the first fragment to take up the whole of the page as it is a text only fragment then on the following rows of fragments I want the column count to be 2 (as they are clickable buttons)

Is this possible or is there a workaround for this?

Yes, it can be changed, you need a reasonable understanding of the fragment list layout though. Once in there you can set rules for top, middle and bottom rows. For your situation, you want the top <td> to 'colspan' by the fragment column count variable, that way whatever you set the number to, the top row will always join the top row into one big cell.

List layouts used in many places, well worth taking the time to learn about html tables and how the list layout works. Opens up much scope for change.

Comment

I set the top cell to 'colspan' by the fragment column count variable.
      Now the top row fragment spans the whole page which is what I wanted, now underneath I want 3 rows with two columns in each.

What is the easiest way of doing this?

Comment

Set the fragment column count?

Comment

iv set this to 2 but the fragments are showing 1 column per row.

Comment

You've not made the changes correctly then, if you do it correctly, top fragment will span full width and the fragments below will show two wide or by whatever count you specify. Check your work.

Comment

Iv checked my work, done what you said but it hasn't worked. Strange unless I have misunderstood something!!

Comment

I do this with almost every site i build, so can assure you it will be your coding.

Comment

what exactly do I have to type in the first row cell, think I may have got this wrong?

sorry i am very novice!

Comment

Provide screenshots of what you have done or explain it, easier for us to help then.

Comment

Comment

in the fourth screenshot I also changed middle & last rows to '2' .

Comment

Whereabouts is the <td> and the 'colspan' mentioned in the first response in this thread? Have you left that off?

You've also used the column count variable to specify the column count for the first row, that's counterintuitive. On one hand you say you want the top fragment to span full width (one fragment), yet you are setting it to be 2 items wide by using the variable in there? Take 5 minutes out and study the list layout and what it is doing and how it works.

Comment

where can i study about the list layout?

Comment

Working...
                            X