More than 1 Shipping Zone Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than 1 Shipping Zone Problem

I used to create sets/subsets so for any given country, it was only 1 zone.

This was tedious, as UK was split into = England, Wales, Scotland, highlands, Channel Islands etc. And for EU, each carrier has different countries for their "zones" - so for Royal Mail I was entering the same prices for each England/Wales/Scotland...etc. So I was entering the same 1st class post in about 5-6 tables.

I saw Actinic can handle multiple zones, so now I have created zones for different carriers. - eg:

Zone A: "Royal Mail - UK"
    = "UK - Eng", "UK - Wales", "UK - Scotland" & "UK - Northern Ireland"

Zone B: "Carrier - England/Wales/Scotland"
    = "UK - England", "UK - Wales", "UK - Scotland"

Zone C: "Carrier - Northern Ireland"
    = "UK - Northern Ireland"

All works okay on the site, but when you download, looking at the "Pending List" shows it correctly, but when you open the order, Actinic decides to re-calculate to the "top" of the Zone List, click okay, and Actinic changes the shipping.

In the above example, if someone orders for Carrier to England) = "Zone B", order is received with the customers requirement, but Actinic will re-calculate to the "Zone A" (Royal Mail)

I've compacted database, re-upload, re-refreshed, but Actinic still decides to re-calculate to the "top" of the zones list.

Even if you manually change the shipping, Actinic will want to re-calculate it.
    - so currently the "one-click-complete" won't work, we have to manually correct it and print invoice.

Help?

Thank you.
    Rgds, Tak.

This is of no help whatsoever, but we have a similar problem with Airmail orders - customer chooses airmail, but Actinic "upgrades" the selection to Airsure. This can be sorted by changing the shipping method & updating, but unless you invoice immediately after doing this, the change won't stay & the incorrect shipping method returns (I believe the incorrect method is displayed on the auto order confirmation email)
    We were oblivious to this for a short while & were surprised at the number of Airsure order we were getting until it was checked - over that period we were throwing away £5.00 on many of our international orders.

I did contact support about it & they had a look at a snapshot, but the response was something along the lines of "aware, but no current fix".

I'm assuming that it has something to do with the way that our zone/class has been done, but haven’t had the time to have a good look yet - so the first place we look on an international order is the shipping tab. Luckily we don't use one click complete….
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Working...
    X