Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perl Version 5.10+ Problem

Hi folks,
    This may already be common knowledge, but I spent a lot of time forum searching and head scratching over this, so here's a heads up if you're in the same boat...

Actninc V10.0.4 does not seem to work properly with Perl V5.10+.

The advanced guide suggests "Perl 5.004 or greater must be installed on the server", but I've certainly found that the OrderScript will fail if using perl 5.10 or 5.14 during order confirmation.

I've used 'strawberry perl v5.8.9' (for a windows server) and that works fine.

Hope it helps.
    Paul.

Perl 5.10.0 was mentioned as a problem 2 years ago here.

Not aware of any problems with 5.14.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hmm., I tried Activestate Perl 5.10.1 and 5.14.2 on windows - both with same problem in Orderscript (even from clean install).

I also tried a linux stack with perl 5.12.4 and the same problems too.

Comment

I use Activestate Perl 10.0.1 on my local (Windows 7 Pro) server without problems on at least a hundred 10.0.4 test sites.

Running perl -v from a command prompt reports:

This is perl, v5.10.1 built for MSWin32-x64-multi-thread
        (with 2 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail).

UPDATE: I see you say "during order confirmation" and that makes me wonder if it's something to do with the confirmation or order received emails.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
          UPDATE: I see you say "during order confirmation" and that makes me wonder if it's something to do with the confirmation or order received emails.
          yes, its only an issue when orderscript.pl gets called (os000000.pl) at the 'confirm order' stage. os000 works fine until then. Its the same with a fresh install of Actinic with the default content and scripts.

With perl 5.10.1 or 5.14 from activestate (the commons version not business version of perl) I get huge numbers of errors in the apache error log (though most scripts seem to work except os000000.pl)

e.g. 'using a hash is deprecated'...in ca000000.pl
          'using an array is deprecated'...
          '\t (maybe you should just omit the defined()?'

etc.etc.
          and perl.exe takes 100% cpu from the pooint you hit 'confirm order'

I have also tried with no email support and the same problem occurs.

with perl 5.8.9 i dont get these errors and os000000.pl runs ok.

very strange!

PAul.

Comment

Originally posted by eskeys View Post
            yes, its only an issue when orderscript.pl gets called (os000000.pl) at the 'confirm order' stage. os000 works fine until then. Its the same with a fresh install of Actinic with the default content and scripts.

With perl 5.10.1 or 5.14 from activestate (the commons version not business version of perl) I get huge numbers of errors in the apache error log (though most scripts seem to work except os000000.pl)

e.g. 'using a hash is deprecated'...in ca000000.pl
            'using an array is deprecated'...
            '\t (maybe you should just omit the defined()?'

etc.etc.
            and perl.exe takes 100% cpu from the pooint you hit 'confirm order'

I have also tried with no email support and the same problem occurs.

with perl 5.8.9 i dont get these errors and os000000.pl runs ok.

very strange!

PAul.

I am having this exact problem with perl 5.14.2 on ubuntu 12.04.2 at the moment.

Has anybody got a fix for this or recommendations?

I've emailed sellerdeck support to see if they know of anything

Thanks chaps!

Comment

I don't know the answer to this but I do wonder if it's connected to the problem that's been seen in the past of actinic hanging at the confirm order stage when it's been unable to access the smtp server.

Have you tried a network test and does it pass? Do you receive the test email?

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Yes everything appears 100%, all network settings pass and the site files and cgi scripts run spot on from the site and adding to the cart etc.

This issue only appeared after a server move and we were receiving about half off all IPN PSP callbacks across sellerdeck payments, paypal and sage pay.

It seemed strange how we were only receiving some callbacks, but further investigation showed that the script was using 100% CPU and hanging at payment and the error logs showed the same errors as above.

After moving back to a different server on perl 5.10.1 all works as expected and receiving all IPN callbacks from all PSPs.

Seems strange but at this stage i'm fairly sure it's the perl version causing the issue.

Hopefully will hear back from seller deck soon

Comment

Came to a dead end with this after hours and hours of testing. So in the end re-imaged the server with perl 5.10.1 and all works perfectly again. Very strange, but don't have the time to investigate further.

Comment

Working...
                  X