Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a Facebook recommend button

Hi all!

I am not good with codes so i need some help here. I am trying to install a facebook recommend button on my site. they give the option of HTML5, XFBML and IFRAME and give a code for each. It says to copy and paste the code but when i do it either doesnt show up at all or literally just the code shows on the page.
    I do not know if there is something i need to add to the code myself or what i am doing wrong and would love some help. Here is one example of the codes i am given:

<div id="fb-root"></div>
    <script>(function(d, s, id) {
    var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
    if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
    js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
    js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1";
    fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
    }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
    http://www.thecrystalcove.co.uk

If you are adding this within a fragment text area for example, you need to place the following around the code:

!!<

paste the FB code in here

>!!

That will tell Actinic to allow it as html code and not push it out verbos.

Comment

Hi,

I have done the above (using a fragament) and it is working fine on the home page. It does not carry through to the rest of the site. Although a similar set up with newsletter sign up does....can anyone help?

I am not familier with html code

Comment

A fragment will only appear on the page that the fragment is added into, so wont be displayed on all pages.

If you want code to appear on multiple pages then you will have to do into the design mode of the site and apply the code directly into the templates, where you might want to consider adding conditions about when it is shown and when you dont want it shown.

Have a read through the advanced user guide for adding your own layouts possibly and assigning the code in that manner.

If this is product led, then you could also just add it to your product layout, but again look through the advanced user guide for guidance on adding elements to these.

Alternative, which I would not recommend is adding a fragment to every page you want it shown on with the code added.

Comment

Working...
        X