Updating site query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating site query

I assume that a client takes the finished store that I've created for them, adds their stock and uploads. If they add more items the following week, does it add the whole site again or is it clever enough to be able to just update with the new items?

It will only upload those elements that have changed since the last upload - whether it is product information (which then uploads a new web page) or images or scripts.
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Only new or updated pages or images etc with be uploaded. You can also right click and select upload page only if it's just a pricing change or similar.

Comment

Many thanks for that.

Christian

Comment

Sorry, something else to add to this.

A client has three people who look after the site and each has Catalog install on their PC. Does the software sync with stuff that has been added? So person A adds a range of printers to the site, person C logs on afterwards at some point to add some products. Will the software do a dual synch? By this I mean will it add the products that person A uploaded to the local version of Catalog on person C's PC as well as add person C's updates to the site, or will it override the database on the website with person's C database?

Hope that makes sense

Comment

You would need a networked database for that. Actinic MultiUser versions (Business MultiUser or Enterprise) are capable of having multiple users at once.

What version of Actinic is you're client using or going to use?

Comment

I've got Designer v10 and built the site. The Catalog is a v10 version. Networking could be an issue as it's a "home" business. My PC and the wife's are ok as on my network at home, but the sis in law isn't as her PC is at her place.

Comment

You will need the Business MultiUser version of Actinic to be able to do this. That version manages mutliple ussers on the access database. The access database can then be installed on a network drive and accessed by the different users.

There are limitations however, there is only one Administrator user allowed. You can't amend design etc by two different users. MultiUser is intended primarily for multiple users doing order processing.

Comment

Working...
                X