X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosting change

Hi All
    Hope all is well in Actinic land.
    Im currently on a shared 1&1 Linux server with Actinic V10 and, to be honest, appear to be working well. However, in the search for that 'perfectly optimised' site, one of the many common recommendations is to move to a locally UK based server (1&1 are in Germany).
    Anyone any thoughts and/or recommendations. Ive looked at Actinic but think they are a little pricey (am i allowed to say that?)
    thx
    K

A large number of people use 1&1's Germany based servers and I believe thay rate well with .co.uk domains, on a par with UK based servers.

Other people may have differing experiences they could share...

Comment

www.4surehosting.co.uk

Comment

If you are after low priced hosting, I'm happy with Clook Internet.
        Uk based, excellent customer service, low cost and decent speeds.

I have also read very good reviews for Vidahost, although have not used them myself.
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Just to make the case for Actinic hosting ...

We do test the software with our service before it gets released. We do backup all data so the cost of this is included in the price, we do include email virus scanning so ditto. We do pro-actively monitor the servers from inside AND outside the firewall as well as in addition monitoring the actual activity on the server.

It means that if for instance your email has been compromised then we know BEFORE the queue overflows and will usually have taken remedial action before your service goes down. That sort of thing isn't included with many others.

You should never get the type of occurrence that's happened with One and One where they upgraded their version of Perl and broke every Actinic site.

And of course there is just one party to contact if you have a problem.

I do think with hosting you pay for what you get.

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X